I lost Thomas.
We miscommunicated.
I stopped. He kept walking.
I turned round and found everyone but him.
My heart stopped. My soul raced to the Savior. My mouth moved.
"Where's my son?"
Louder, "Where did my son go?"
Culturally inappropriate? I don't know. I only knew I had lost my son.
"There." "He is standing there." "He went on that way."
My mind racing, "Do they know? Should I leave this spot? Do I go right or left?"
A boy the size of Thomas but probably close to 15 years old pointed. He was standing up on a step so he could see further than I. "He's there."
I think I may have ran.
I know I shouted.
There he was, face as white as his little face can go. Looking left. Looking right. Looking down the alley behind and in front. He was terrified.
"We'll cry when we get home." We decided. "But we can thank the Lord now."
We did. Walking through the mass of black burqa's and chadors (large cloth I wear covering my head and much of my body).
"All I could see was black women everywhere," he said, "I didn't know which one was you."
I think I should buy a bright, sky blue chador to wear next time we are in the masses of black together.
A day later I am still thanking the Lord for his safety.
We have said "thank you" to the Lord over and over.
The story, when re-told to dad, grew in proportions!
We have looked at each other and said we love one another.
We have talked about the reality that Mom won't always be there, but the Lord will.
How glorious the feeling is to be found! How good it is to be together!
Isn't that how it is with the Lord? The moment we realize that we are lost, that's when we can be found. When, in God's incomparable grace, he reveals to the depths of our hearts the horrible, death-saturated understanding that we are lost and that then leads us to the greatest, most life changing news; through Jesus, we can be found. Just like the Prodigal Son, we must return to the feet of the Father, where we belong. How good it is to know that we who were lost can be found.
Hallelujah, I am found!!!
We miscommunicated.
I stopped. He kept walking.
I turned round and found everyone but him.
My heart stopped. My soul raced to the Savior. My mouth moved.
"Where's my son?"
Louder, "Where did my son go?"
Culturally inappropriate? I don't know. I only knew I had lost my son.
"There." "He is standing there." "He went on that way."
My mind racing, "Do they know? Should I leave this spot? Do I go right or left?"
A boy the size of Thomas but probably close to 15 years old pointed. He was standing up on a step so he could see further than I. "He's there."
I think I may have ran.
I know I shouted.
There he was, face as white as his little face can go. Looking left. Looking right. Looking down the alley behind and in front. He was terrified.
"We'll cry when we get home." We decided. "But we can thank the Lord now."
We did. Walking through the mass of black burqa's and chadors (large cloth I wear covering my head and much of my body).
"All I could see was black women everywhere," he said, "I didn't know which one was you."
I think I should buy a bright, sky blue chador to wear next time we are in the masses of black together.
A day later I am still thanking the Lord for his safety.
We have said "thank you" to the Lord over and over.
The story, when re-told to dad, grew in proportions!
We have looked at each other and said we love one another.
We have talked about the reality that Mom won't always be there, but the Lord will.
How glorious the feeling is to be found! How good it is to be together!
Isn't that how it is with the Lord? The moment we realize that we are lost, that's when we can be found. When, in God's incomparable grace, he reveals to the depths of our hearts the horrible, death-saturated understanding that we are lost and that then leads us to the greatest, most life changing news; through Jesus, we can be found. Just like the Prodigal Son, we must return to the feet of the Father, where we belong. How good it is to know that we who were lost can be found.
Hallelujah, I am found!!!
Rembrant, "The Return of the Prodigal Son"
m
Still thanking Jesus you found each other!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
My image of Rembrant's painting didn't show… what did I do wrong… grrr…. blogging….
Deletelove you!!!
m