GOOD NEWS JUNKIES DEFINED

junkie |ˈjəNGkē|(also junky ) a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something: power junkies.
good |go͝od| news |n(y)o͞oz|junkie |ˈjəNGkē|
a person with the compulsive habit of talking about and an obsessive dependency on the good news of God's plan of salvation through Jesus' life, death and resurrection.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sincere and Commissioned


This morning in family devo's we read:
But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and though us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.” 2 Corinthians 2:14-17

It's easy to criticize others. For me this seems to come naturally. It's an instinct I continue to fight and long to have victory over. I was hit in a fresh way with these truths that we are all insufficient on our own but in Christ, for God's glory, we become sufficient. My over critical attitude and quick judgement leaves no room for the grace of God. If God has said we are insufficient but he will use us, who am I to condemn, judge, or accuse others of not being sufficient? God changes all because of his immeasurable, incomparable grace. How glorious is the grace that has been given to me. Would I dare to keep that from my fellow laborers, fellow brothers and sisters, co-heirs with Christ?
I easily forget that I too am insufficient for these things. The person I judge the quickest is my own husband. As I read this verse I was struck to the heart. The words, “men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ” describe Walt. There is no one I know with the same level of sincerity and eagerness to see the Christ spoken of. Yet I fail to give grace in weakness. God has commissioned Walt. He has placed in his heart sincerity and for this I should rejoice. I am guilty of impatience, love that fails, and a spirit of judgement and condemnation. Today I have been reminded of 2 things:
1.Walt is insufficient. So am I, therefore, I must be a person of grace, love and truth.
2. God has commissioned Walt and he is a man of sincerity.

I am so thankful for my husband.
I am so proud to say he is a sincere man.
I am so glad God has commissioned him.

I praise God for his grace,

m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections