Tonight I realized how funny our life must look to the outsider.
When I came out of the kitchen after washing up from dinner this is what I found my children doing.
Exhibit A:
This is school for Bliss. Four nights a week she attends live classes at 9am EST. So this is her evening activity. To someone on the outside she might look anti-social and withdrawn but this thought is quickly dashed when you hear her laugh aloud, answer questions, ask questions and engage with the other students and teachers, even if she can't see them
When I came out of the kitchen after washing up from dinner this is what I found my children doing.
Exhibit A:
This is school for Bliss. Four nights a week she attends live classes at 9am EST. So this is her evening activity. To someone on the outside she might look anti-social and withdrawn but this thought is quickly dashed when you hear her laugh aloud, answer questions, ask questions and engage with the other students and teachers, even if she can't see them
Exhibit B:
The noises escaping this one's mouth is what surprised me. He had taken my recorder from Sindhi language learning and was multi-tasking, loudly repeating the phrases in a foreign tongue while burning a little extra energy. I think he was copying his parents, only we do it to burn fat and get more energy!!!
What a blessing it is to have such beautiful, resilient children who go with the flow and adapt to life so well, even if they do appear a little odd! I guess that's what makes them TCK's (third culture kids).
Thankful for the oddities in my life,
m

No comments:
Post a Comment
Reflections