Recently we were welcomed and honored as is local custom by having a string of roses put around each one of our necks. The smell of the freshly cut roses was delicious, the honor slightly embarrassing but very welcoming, and the fellowship was great.
The smell of the roses must have been beyond delicious to one individual who pluck a petal off of Thomas' necklace and delicately proceeded to nibble it down, much to the surprise and delight of Thomas. I'm glad Thomas didn't follow his lead!
What a joy it is to be in a different culture and enjoy the way God has made us all different.
I love living here!
m
The smell of the roses must have been beyond delicious to one individual who pluck a petal off of Thomas' necklace and delicately proceeded to nibble it down, much to the surprise and delight of Thomas. I'm glad Thomas didn't follow his lead!
What a joy it is to be in a different culture and enjoy the way God has made us all different.
The man on the right of Thomas is our new rose eating friend.
m
No comments:
Post a Comment
Reflections