GOOD NEWS JUNKIES DEFINED

junkie |ˈjəNGkē|(also junky ) a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something: power junkies.
good |go͝od| news |n(y)o͞oz|junkie |ˈjəNGkē|
a person with the compulsive habit of talking about and an obsessive dependency on the good news of God's plan of salvation through Jesus' life, death and resurrection.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

It is two Sundays after Mother’s Day. Two Sundays before, I woke up went about my normal Sunday routines and about 11am, I saw Mercy writing a special note to her Mom. No, I forgot! Mother’s Day!!

I wish I could say this was the first time I have forgotten a Mother’s Day but I would be a big fat liar. So here I am two weeks later, hijacking Mercy’s blog to share how much this incredible woman means to me. Happy Mother’s Day... two weeks later!


"Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her.”
Proverbs 31:28

I have so much to praise in my beautiful wife. Where do I begin?
I feel like I would have to “rise up” and down forever to praise Mercy for all that she means to me. I could use the exercise!

"An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.”
Proverbs 31:10-12

I trust my wife more than any other person in this world. She reflects the glory of God because she is trustworthy. She is a woman of God’s word. She loves God’s Word. God’s Word is her light and lamp.
She also loves Jesus and His glorious Gospel. She is no fake. She is a big sinner with a bigger Savior! She also lives with even bigger sinners!  I am so thankful that we don’t have to hide our sin from each other or from God because the grace of Christ at the cross is enough! I am so thankful she keeps it real!

Oh, how she does me good! She is such a blessing! She rises and looks to serve.

"Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.”
Proverbs 31:25-27

This was last Monday and pretty much the same every day, living in a different culture, different language, being one of a handful of English mother tongue speakers in a city of 3 million. She communicates well in two languages!
5:30am: Wake up
5:45am: Make the coffee and make the ice for the cooler
5:45am: Read her Bible. Deal with me and Thomas interrupting her.
6:45am: Wash the clothes
7:00am: Sweep the outside of layers of dust
7:30am: Hang up clothes
7:45am: Make breakfast
8:00am: Eat breakfast
8:30am: Teach Thomas Math with much patience needed :-)
9:30am: Teach Thomas more
10:30am: Make a snack for Thomas
Till 1pm: Teach Thomas more
1pm: Make lunch
2pm: Teach Thomas more
3pm: Breath!
4:30-7pm: Train women to learn Bible stories outside in 115 degree heat in Urdu (She is an incredible teacher and never boring!)
7:30pm: Make supper
9:30pm: Go to sleep exhausted 

"Many women have done excellently,
but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.”
Proverbs 29:29-31

You surpass them all, Mercy Joanna! You fear the Lord! You lead me to seek to know Christ more! On top of this you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. God is so good to me.

You are a wife and mother like none other!

I love you,

Walt






No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections