GOOD NEWS JUNKIES DEFINED

junkie |ˈjəNGkē|(also junky ) a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something: power junkies.
good |go͝od| news |n(y)o͞oz|junkie |ˈjəNGkē|
a person with the compulsive habit of talking about and an obsessive dependency on the good news of God's plan of salvation through Jesus' life, death and resurrection.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Am I Beautiful?


Will I remember I am beautiful when I no longer hear the sweet sound of singing that begins as I pass by the group of gaping men? Will I be beautiful?
Will I remember I am beautiful if I no longer have the man on his motorcycle stop in the middle of the intersection to watch me finish crossing through?Will I be beautiful?
Will I remember I am beautiful if I no longer see the young man clad in purple shirt and jeans 2 sizes too small stop on the other side of the waiting room and stand facing me with unabashed stare?
Will I remember I am beautiful when I am no longer surrounded by advertisements for skin whitener and people stop commenting on my beautiful fair skin? Will I be beautiful?
Will I remember I am beautiful when I no longer have people commenting on how “Healthy” (read “FAT” here because that is the literal translation) I am looking? Will I be beautiful?
Will I?
Will I still be beautiful?
When bombarded with TV, will I remember I am beautiful?
When I see advertisements for weight loss, slimmers, and the like, will I remember I am beautiful?
When size 10 is too large, will I remember I am beautiful?
When make up is needed, new clothes, and the latest fashions, will I remember I am beautiful?
When every menu provides the “light calorie” option, will I remember I am beautiful?
Will I?
Will I still be beautiful?

“For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)
“An excellent wife who can find?...She dresses herself with strength and makes he arms strong... she opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. ..Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.” (Proverbs 31 excepts)
“but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.” (1 Peter 3:4)
“Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another,” (1 Peter 5:5b)
“Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience... above all these put on love...” (Colossians 3:12-15)
“ Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.” (Eph. 6:10-20)
“And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so cloths the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious... but seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you.” (Matthew 6: 25-34)
“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.” (Proverbs 31:30-31)

Am I beautiful? The standard of beauty set before me no longer regards the color of my skin, my bmi, nor anything else visible to man other than good works. I have a long road ahead of me to true beauty and praise be to God who is changing me from one degree of glory to another. One day I will possess true beauty. Until then, I will remember that God is the one making me beautiful all in his good time by the work of Holy Spirit in me!

Beauty.
Do you have it?
Beauty.
Do you seek it?
Beauty.
Only be Holy Spirit are we made truly beautiful.

I can't wait to be truly gorgeous!

m

1 comment:

Reflections