Honestly, it has been the best week of homeschool we've had in a long time.
I've been shocked.
Amazed.
Pleased.
Thankful.
Excited.
But all the while,
very HESITANT
... when will the good times come to an end...
This morning it took my son, who, by the way can do long division, 2 hours to do four Math problems.
9-4=
17-9=
15-9=
and one other I can't recall.
Are you kidding me? He refused to do them unless I "helped."
Help?!?
He can do long division!
Help?!?
Well, several hours later they were complete.
He scored pages of writing for the consequence for disobedience and I scored a happy heart seeing as this time I held it together the entire time. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I did not raise my voice even once.
Homeschooling is a great adventure every day.
Homeschooling is not for everyone.
Some days... homeschooling isn't for me.
I usually love it. Today I just survived.
By the end of the day, pages had been written, math problems done, cursive practice complete...
I decided we would bake bread instead of read Science or the other reading books we have.
The deal was: if he could find the recipe without help, he wouldn't have to read aloud to me.
Hurray for great picture books, old recipe books and fresh baked bread.
Thomas started in this book, looking for a recipe. If you haven't read any of Tomie dePaola's works, go find one at the library... or if you don't have libraries, find someone who has a copy of any of his many books and borrow it.
Hot and ready to eat. Bliss would live off of bread, cheese and olives if she was allowed!
Here is the old recipe book Thomas found the recipe in. This use to be my mom's and it was my grandma's before that. It is one of my most prized earthly possession, simply because my two favorite cooks used it before me. Thomas helps me cook quite a bit and he is well familiar with who "Fanny Farmer" is!
After a day like today I'm just thankful we are all still in one piece and that we have fresh bread to eat together. Looking forward to tomorrow... I wonder what kind of refinement I will need then!
Thankful,
m
I've been shocked.
Amazed.
Pleased.
Thankful.
Excited.
But all the while,
very HESITANT
... when will the good times come to an end...
This morning it took my son, who, by the way can do long division, 2 hours to do four Math problems.
9-4=
17-9=
15-9=
and one other I can't recall.
Are you kidding me? He refused to do them unless I "helped."
Help?!?
He can do long division!
Help?!?
Well, several hours later they were complete.
He scored pages of writing for the consequence for disobedience and I scored a happy heart seeing as this time I held it together the entire time. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I did not raise my voice even once.
Homeschooling is a great adventure every day.
Homeschooling is not for everyone.
Some days... homeschooling isn't for me.
I usually love it. Today I just survived.
By the end of the day, pages had been written, math problems done, cursive practice complete...
I decided we would bake bread instead of read Science or the other reading books we have.
The deal was: if he could find the recipe without help, he wouldn't have to read aloud to me.
Hurray for great picture books, old recipe books and fresh baked bread.
Thomas started in this book, looking for a recipe. If you haven't read any of Tomie dePaola's works, go find one at the library... or if you don't have libraries, find someone who has a copy of any of his many books and borrow it.
precooked...
Hot and ready to eat. Bliss would live off of bread, cheese and olives if she was allowed!
Here is the old recipe book Thomas found the recipe in. This use to be my mom's and it was my grandma's before that. It is one of my most prized earthly possession, simply because my two favorite cooks used it before me. Thomas helps me cook quite a bit and he is well familiar with who "Fanny Farmer" is!
After a day like today I'm just thankful we are all still in one piece and that we have fresh bread to eat together. Looking forward to tomorrow... I wonder what kind of refinement I will need then!
Thankful,
m



No comments:
Post a Comment
Reflections