Once again I am so thankful for my mom.
Years of eating her cooking, mine never seems as good.
Sometimes I think hers is just better because I didn't have to make it but that is just pride speaking!
I asked her for a recipe a couple days ago.
I got it.
It tastes great.
Maybe even better because I got to make it with MY son.
But I got more than a recipe.
In the course of emails I got encouraging words.
I received care and love.
I laughed.
I saw a humble heart.
I felt built up.
Thanks mom.
Maybe one day I will cook as good as you.
Love as well.
Make other laugh and enjoy life like you do.
Encourage and care for others (especially my kids) the way you do.
I love you, Mom!
m
here's the recipe in case you wanted it:
Years of eating her cooking, mine never seems as good.
Sometimes I think hers is just better because I didn't have to make it but that is just pride speaking!
I asked her for a recipe a couple days ago.
I got it.
It tastes great.
Maybe even better because I got to make it with MY son.
But I got more than a recipe.
In the course of emails I got encouraging words.
I received care and love.
I laughed.
I saw a humble heart.
I felt built up.
Thanks mom.
Maybe one day I will cook as good as you.
Love as well.
Make other laugh and enjoy life like you do.
Encourage and care for others (especially my kids) the way you do.
I love you, Mom!
"o help me to set an upright example that will ever rebuke vice, allure to goodness, and evidence that lovely are the ways of Christ." (puritan prayers)
m
here's the recipe in case you wanted it:
Starlight Cupcakes
2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
3 1/2 tsps. baking pwder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
350 for 40 minutes
That is all I have but I would imagine it is Cream shortening, sugar and eggs and vanilla until perfect...add dry ingre. alternately with milk. Or something of the sort.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Reflections