Life has been tough the last two weeks.
My son has chaff on his backside because of the many many times he has cleaned up after diarrhea. There were times this past week where just the smell in the bathroom brought me close to throw up.
Appetites were so down that even when presented with ice-cream it was refused, rejected, "I'm too cold." I recall him having blizzards with his grandpa in winter weather several years ago. The kid was just really sick.
Today, for the first time in a long time I welcomed the sound of my children bickering... someone felt better enough to push the others buttons. He sat happily eating two bananas like normal as I read the Word early this morning and "I'm hungry" was the cheery call from the shower tonight.
All I can say is it has been a long few weeks and I am so thankful that with the typhoid diagnoses and meds in our bodies, we all seem to be getting better. We have so many years of great health to thank the Lord for. In all the places we have lived and all the water and food we have eaten, God has been so gracious to keep us healthy. Being so ill over the last few weeks has just caused us to rely on our Healer even more as we look to him to watch over and care for our family here. God alone is the One who will keep us, through the rough and the calm.
My son has chaff on his backside because of the many many times he has cleaned up after diarrhea. There were times this past week where just the smell in the bathroom brought me close to throw up.
Appetites were so down that even when presented with ice-cream it was refused, rejected, "I'm too cold." I recall him having blizzards with his grandpa in winter weather several years ago. The kid was just really sick.
Today, for the first time in a long time I welcomed the sound of my children bickering... someone felt better enough to push the others buttons. He sat happily eating two bananas like normal as I read the Word early this morning and "I'm hungry" was the cheery call from the shower tonight.
All I can say is it has been a long few weeks and I am so thankful that with the typhoid diagnoses and meds in our bodies, we all seem to be getting better. We have so many years of great health to thank the Lord for. In all the places we have lived and all the water and food we have eaten, God has been so gracious to keep us healthy. Being so ill over the last few weeks has just caused us to rely on our Healer even more as we look to him to watch over and care for our family here. God alone is the One who will keep us, through the rough and the calm.
Wow! Typhoid :( I'm so sad to hear that, but so glad for an update! It has been awhile, hope that you are seeing glimmers of hope and fruit all around you to keep you encouraged...much love!
ReplyDelete