GOOD NEWS JUNKIES DEFINED

junkie |ˈjəNGkē|(also junky ) a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something: power junkies.
good |go͝od| news |n(y)o͞oz|junkie |ˈjəNGkē|
a person with the compulsive habit of talking about and an obsessive dependency on the good news of God's plan of salvation through Jesus' life, death and resurrection.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Why am I a "Good News Junkies"? Part 1

Because I am a sinner!

Everyday, every hour, I am desperate to be saved from all of our sins by Jesus: His life, death, and resurrection. Jesus dealt with my sin! This is great news! Without the good news of Jesus, I am a hopeless sinner. I would stand guilty, condemned, enslaved, and hopeless! Now I am forgiven, righteous, and have hope for the future! I am a Good News Junkie because everyday I cannot live without Jesus because everyday I am still a sinner.

Here are some favorite quotes:

Jesus: " For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

The apostle Paul: "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost."

The apostle Peter: " For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous,
that he might bring us to God"

Jerry Bridges: “Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace.”

John Piper:
"The good news is that God himself has decreed a way to satisfy the demands of his justice without condemning the whole human race. Hell is one way to settle accounts with sinners and uphold his justice. But there is another way. The wisdom of God has ordained a way for the love of God to deliver us from the wrath of God without compromising the justice of God"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections